Screen for 6 Common Diseases with the Everlywell Male STD Test
Gonorrhea is a common sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Generally, individuals will experience no symptoms, leading to a delay in diagnosis and treatment. However, the infection can be treated with antibiotics. If left untreated, men may develop a painful infection in the testicles and prostate, leading to reduced fertility. Rarely, it can spread into the bloodstream and cause a life-threatening sepsis infection.
Caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum, syphilis is commonly divided into states: primary, secondary, latent, and tertiary. The primary and secondary stages are the most infectious and cases are on the rise, with an over 9% increase of reported cases in men in 2021. Syphilis is curable with antibiotics, but damage that has already occurred due to the infection may be irreversible. If left untreated, syphilis can cause tumors, blindness, paralysis, damage to the nervous system, brain and other organs, and death.
The hepatitis C virus is a bloodborne virus that causes a liver infection. Most commonly, HCV is transmitted through needles or blood exposure and rarely through sexual intercourse. The virus can be cured easier than in the past with updated treatment options, but if left untreated can result in liver damage, cirrhosis, liver cancer, and death.
HIV spreads through exposure to bodily fluids, whether through sexual intercourse or blood. It attacks and impairs the body’s immune cells, progressively weakening the immune system and, if left untreated, fan progress to AIDS. Unfortunately, HIV is not curable, but there are treatments today that can keep the virus at undetectable levels so you are able to live a long, healthy life.
Chlamydia is caused by a bacteria, Chlamydia trachomatis, and is considered a very common sexually transmitted infection. Most people experience no symptoms, which is why transmission rate is high, but it can be easily treated with antibiotics. If left untreated, men may experience a urethral infection and complications, including swollen and tender testicles.
A very common infection often referred to as “trich,” trichomoniasis is caused by the protozoan parasite, Trichomonas vaginalis. Roughly 70% of people with this infection won’t develop symptoms. However, if left untreated, men will be more at risk of contracting HIV or other STDs, or can develop epididymitis, prostatitis, and infertility.
What’s Included with Every Everlywell Male STD Test?
In every Everlywell Male STD test kit, you receive:
- Alcohol pad
- Three lancets for blood draws
- Urine cup
- Blood sample collection card
- Pipette and aptima tube
- One biohazard bag and one biohazard bag with absorbent pad
- Prepaid return shipping label
Why Choose the Everlywell Male STD Test?
- The Everlywell STD male test screens for six common infections in one convenient package
- All Everlywell tests are physician-reviewed and approved by an independent, board-certified physician within your state
- All labs working with Everlywell are CLIA-certified, indicating they meet the high standards in order to obtain state and federal certifications, and are submitted to regular inspections
- Everlywell is a HIPAA-compliant company using state-of-the-art, bank-grade encryption to ensure data is securely stored and your data is never sold
- Results are easy to understand and you are provided with guidance toward next steps to achieve health and wellness
- Shipping is free
- The Everlywell Male STD test is available as a one-time purchase or via discounted subscription shipped monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually
- Everlywell accepts FSA/HSA for the Male STD test